6th Annual International ESP Conference 2013
26-30 August 2013, Bali, Indonesia
Venue: Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort (PPNBR)
Organised by the Ecosystem Services Partnership (ESP) and convened by the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) and CGIAR Research Program: Forests, Trees and Agroforestry in collaboration with the Sub Global Assessment Program coordinated by UNEP’s World Conservation Monitoring Centre, the UNCCD-Global Mechanism, The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity (TEEB), the International Association for Landscape Ecology (IALE), A Community on Ecosystem Services (ACES), and other ESP partners.
Make sure you use the 'early bird' discount before June 15!
Abstract submission is now open (since March 26)
Download the Conference announcement
Don't miss your chance to interact and exchange ideas with the rapidly growing network of ESP members, practitioners, educators, policy-makers, researchers, and many others from all continents. Be part of special sessions and working-groups producing outcomes ranging from journal articles, white papers, book chapters, grant proposals, database structures, websites, and much more.
The emphasis of this 6th International ESP conference will be on the practical application of the ecosystem services concept in planning, management and decision making, and the development of case studies.
Professional Training Sessions
Two post-conference Professional Training Workshops will be organised:
For further details and registration see the webpage on Professional Training Sessions
- InVEST and Sub-Global Assessment (SGA) Network Training Workshop, organised jointly by the Natural Capital Project and the Sub-Global Assessment Network Secretariat (UNEP-WCMC & The Cropper Foundation). Timing: Friday-afternoon (30 August) until Sunday (1 September) (late) afternoon.
- Mainstreaming the Values of Water and Wetlands into the Decision-making Process. This one-day workshop is organised by TEEB office, Geneva.
- 1 May 2013 (extended until May 12th): deadline for submission of abstracts for oral presentations (for all types of sessions) (see our abstract page)
- 1 June 2013: deadline for submission of abstracts for posters
- 15 June 2013: deadline ‘early bird’ registration (see our registration page)
NOTE: the deadline for submission of abstracts for oral presentations of May 1st (extended until May 12th) is ONLY for additional / voluntary contributions. Invited speakers can hand in their abstracts later and send them directly to the Host of that session (see All Sessions for more information).
For more information about organizational aspects (venue, accommodation etc.) please contact Dr. Beria Leimona or Ms. Diah Wulandari.
For questions about the program, abstract submission or registration please send an email to the ESP Support Team.