The Ecosystem Services Partnership organized its 4th International conference on “Ecosystem Services: Integrating Science and Practice” from 4-7 October 2011, hosted by Wageningen University in Wageningen, The Netherlands.
On this website the Conference's materials are provided. The presentations' slides can be downloaded and the videos on some sessions are available online.
Aim of the Conference
Elements of the ConferenceThe conference was built up by different lecture presentations, workshops and special sessions.
- Keynote presentations on ES in science, in practice and in policy. Presentations were given by experts on science, practice and policy of ES. The state-of-the-art and challenges of implementing ES in their fields were presented.
- Plenary sessions discussed the required environment for ES development. Views from policy makers, business, NGO's and research institution were presented.
- Semi-plenary sessions provided an overview of current research, practice, tools and/or networks on ES.
- Special sessions provided information special topics on ES in relation with social sciences, conservation efforts and networking the knowledge.
- Workshops aimed to give participants the opportunity to present their research and engage in discussions on the gaps and challenges on each of the workshop's theme. There were 6 themes that were divided into 6 workshops.
- Special lecture and movie on environment and economy.
- Outcome of the conference.
The overview of the conference program is available here.
- For questions about this website or the activities of ESP, please contact the ESP Support Team
- For administration and membership of ESP, please contact the ESP secretariat