The below listed keynote speakers will address the conference theme from their experience and will reflect on the science, policy or practice of the role of ecosystem services for a sustainable future.
The information provided below is tentative and will be updated frequently.
Monday 21 October
- Christiane Paulus (Ministry of Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, Germany) "Ecosystem services and natural capital – a new paradigm for Biodiversity Policy”
- Elena Bennett (McGill University, Canada) “Advances and Challenges in ES science since MEA”. Elena Bennet will provide a short video statement.
- Louise Willemen (University of Twente, The Netherlands): "It's about time: advancing spatial analyses of ecosystem services and their application”
Tuesday 22 October
- Anne Larigauderie (Executive Secretary, Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) ) “IPBES: past, present and future – role of ES in achieving CBD and SDG targets”
- Berta Martín-López (Leuphana University of Lüneburg, Germany) "Plural valuation of ecosystem services matters for science – policy interface”
Thursday 23 October
- Lucy Emerton (Environment Management Group, UK) "Building the economic and business case for investing in ecosystem services"
- Panel discussion with representatives from the business sector: "Advancing Business and Science collaboration". Panellists are: Carolyn Jewell (Biodiversity and Natural Resources Senior Manager, HeidelbergCement), representatives from HIPP, and a financial institute are to be confirmed. Moderator: Lucy Emerton.
Friday 24 October
- Hans Bruyninckx (Executive Director, European Environment Agency) “Moving beyond ecosystem (ab)use towards fundamental sustainability"
- Panel on “The future of ES research, policy and practice”; including among others Anne Teller, Klaus Töpfer, Hans Bruyninckx.
ESP10Registration website for ESP10
aanmelder.nlaanmelder.nlPhoenixstraat 28b 2611AL Delft Netherlands