Call for sessions
Thank you for your interest in hosting a session during the ESP Latin America and Caribbeans Conference in Chile from 6-10 November 2023.
We welcome everyone who works in the field of ecosystem services to submit a session proposal. In addition to the standard session format (presentations), feel free to be creative and propose a different format for your session (e.g. discussion forum, world cafe, or session in which media outputs are presented).
We provide guidance on the options for alternative session formats and the way for shaping your proposal.
- World Café: sessions in format that allows for open discussion around a specific topic. These are usually guided by a list of core questions / topics to be discussed and are facilitated by the session hosts and invite participants to join in order to contribute to a shared discussion.
- Documentaries and other media: Hosts and participants might want to host sessions in which alternative means of science communication are presented to discuss science communication, using and sharing experiences among participants.
- Solution rooms: These sessions are designed to give space to participants to discuss challenges they are facing around a specific topic.
- Speed talk/lightning sessions: Such sessions are designed in a way that participants have a short time (around 5 minutes) to talk about their research topics. Ideally these should be combined with a follow-up discussion afterwards.
- Scientific debates: Such sessions allow for people to debate over a specific question or topic and participants are then polled to measure their opinion on the topic, followed up by group discussions.
- Storytelling sessions: Presenters are called to present their research topics in a format of a story that helps them illustrate their work. They are more suitable for cases in which experiences of individuals, teams, community groups are told like a traditional story. The idea of the “stories” is that they have characters, themes, and an ending point of the story.
- Scientific games: This could be suitable for participants and sessions that might want to ask participants to test software or applications they have been developing. They usually have some time for introduction to the rules of the game, time for playing and a feedback session towards the end.
The deadline for submissions is 1 April 2023. We welcome proposals written in English and Spanish.
After the closure of the session proposal submission, the Scientific Program Committee (SPC) will review all proposals. We aim to get back to you regarding the acceptance of your session before 20 March. If your session is reviewed positively, we will send you session host guidelines soon after.
As a session host, you will be asked to review abstracts submitted to your session and take on some other responsibilities involved with organising a session. You will be informed regarding these tasks at a later stage. If you are looking for others to submit a session with, we advise you to make use of the ESP online member platform and call for other interested delegates.
Please use this online ESP LAC session proposal form to submit your proposal. To complete the form, we require you to list co-hosts, other organisers (if applicable), a preliminary session title, the contents of the session, and desired aims and outcomes of the session.
Thank you for your interest in organising a session during this conference!
ESP LAC 2023Registration website for ESP LAC 2023
ESP LAC firstname.lastname@example.org
ESP LAC email@example.com://www.espconference.org/latinamerica2023
ESP LAC 2023ESP LAC 20230.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00ZTo be announcedTo be announced